A LUSH Birthday Present

DSC_0188 - edited

Happy belated birthday to me from my sister! I had my 22nd birthday (I’m feeling 22) back in March, and in my sister’s true fashion, she gave me a gift two months late. Knowing that I absolutely love LUSH products, she gave a bunch of new stuff to play with.

I tried all of these products except for the Fresh Farmacy Cleanser because I’m still trying to finish up my sample of the Coalface Cleanser from LUSH. Coalface has really helped clear up my skin and reduce the blackheads around my nose. It also helped reduce the oil in my skin, but I think it kind of dried it out too much. I combat that with a good moisturizer and the occasional serum. Anyway, with all this new stuff, I wanted to give you a brief review of the products that I have tried!

DSC_0247 -edit

The star of the show is the Tea Tree Water. This has truly transformed my skin, and I am not kidding. If I had a before and after picture/if you could actually feel the difference in my skin, you would buy this product too. I have been using this after I wash my face and before I moisturize, and it has made my skin so smooth and bright. Like I said earlier, I have oily skin, and after using this, I’ve noticed less oil throughout the day and clearer skin that’s smooth to the touch. I have to stop myself from touching my skin because it’s so soft. A lot of the redness from my acne is also gone. It’s truly the best thing I have ever tried from LUSH, and I may even say that it tops the Mask of Magnaminty.

My next two favorites are the Mint Julips Lip Scrub and the It Started with a Kiss Lip Tint. First of all, lip scrubs are just great in general because there’s nothing better than soft lips, except maybe soft skin. Second, the Mint Julips Lip Scrub also just tastes so damn good. After I used it, I put on some lip balm and dabbed a little bit of the lip tint on top. It’s perfect because it gives you a soft pop of color, so you can use it all day, every day, which I do now. I just love the rosy color it gives me.

The last thing I tried was the Ultrablast Toothy Tabs, which is pretty awful. I am going to stick with regular toothpaste because tbh – it was kind of disgusting. You’re supposed to chew it up until it gets foamy. Then you brush your teeth like you regularly would, but the taste made me want to throw up all over myself (not really, but just a little bit). Safe to say, I’ll only use these if I run out of toothpaste, but I plan on stocking up with enough Colgate toothpaste to last me a lifetime.

Again, I haven’t tried the Fresh Farmacy Cleanser yet, but I will for sure let you know when I do! Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend 🙂

Screen Shot 2016-01-02 at 4.40.29 PM

Advertisements

14 Comments Add yours

1. The lip scrubs and tea tree water are amazing 😊 great post!

1. Kelly says:

Thank you! Love your blog!

1. Aww thanks, yours is great to! 😊

2. Donatella says:

I love lush….basically its my life. Have you tried the mask of magnaminty it is amazing. I did a review of it on my blog, definitely check it out

1. Kelly says:

Same here! I love Mask of Magnaminty! I can’t believe such organic and fresh products have helped my skin more than the crazy stuff like Proactive. I’m checking out your blog for sure 🙂

1. Donatella says:

I know….I was on proactive for 6 more nths and it didn’t do anything but cause a lot of dryness. Lush is my love.

2. Kelly says:

Yeah I was on it for like 2 years, and it didn’t help at all. So happy to that you’re a Lush fan too!

3. ninetynines says:

Was that a lowkey Tswift reference? Hahah 😛 I heard so much about the tea tree water and really want to get it but I’m not sure whether it’s suitable for dry skin. Anyways, great post!

1. Kelly says:

Thank you! And I’m glad you caught that haha I’m not sure what the effects would be on someone with dry skin, but it could always be worth a try if you have other skin problems!

Liked by 1 person

4. Happy belated birthday! And that’s such a lovely gift! I definitely think I will have to order some things from LUSH pretty soon, I love their products so much! 😍
    Great post!

1. Kelly says:

Thank you! They have such great products. If you buy any anytime soon, I hope to see a post about it! Thanks for reading 🙂

5. Loved reading this

1. Kelly says:

Thank you so much! I look forward to seeing more on your blog 🙂